Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aloriah: Farming Black Dragons in Dry Steppes

I have now expanded to to the Dry Steppes, putting down my 3rd village. It has been relatively easy prior in the first two zones, but Dry Steppes is a bit of a challenge. Gates spawn and out come Black Dragons that basically try and kill your heroes/village. I lost a lot of troops as Black Dragons are resistant to physical and poison damage, your two primary damage sources.

This changed when I researched my Blacksmith building. One of the things that Blacksmiths do, is allow you to change the damage type of a particular unit. Thus, as soon as I could afford it, I changed the damage type of my Berserkers from physical to fire. Berserkers are ideal as Black Dragons do physical damage and Berserkers have physical resistance. This proved to be a rather clutch play as my Bersekers became a lot more effective against Black Dragons. There is a downside whereby the Sapphire Dragons in Tropical Islands become harder to kill as they have fire resistance but I regard that as a very small downside. Sapphire Dragons are not that hard to kill regardless.

Black Dragons are great to farm, as you get scenario points for killing them and sealing their gates. You can seal their gates with a 'Gate Anti-Seal' which drops from them. I have farmed so many that I have now improved my ranking to #7!

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment