Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.18

30k scenario points here I come!

The long awaited Patch 1.004 (Graphics and Egg-Content) has now arrived. Patch notes can be found at:

Once of the first things I checked was the new "Realm Ranking". I am rather pleased with my #1 position given that I do not focus on achievements primarily. My main aim is to win the round and get achievements as I go. Ramdas, on the other hand, does focus on achievements a bit and he has now surpassed me with 2135 achievement points, it just has not updated yet. Congratulations are in order!

When the Mother Dragon is in the air, she drops eggs which you can pick up. Above is how they look on the ground. It is the green egg just next to the lookout tower. When the Mother Dragon is landed, you can still get eggs from ruins, etc.

Above are the eggs which are available/known at present.

The Mother Dragon landed and brought new toys!

Following are some egg uses:


Both of the buffs last 3 days by the way.

I was fortunate to get 3 bronze eggs and upgraded 3 items.

Given the Mother Dragon has landed, we resumed our weekly attacks on her. There was a problem with this weeks attack as the Mother Dragon roams out of her lair a lot more, as you can see in following picture:
Whilst we were waiting at the gather spot, the Mother Dragon attacked us! My main army was still enroute. Therefore, we only did 3.8%. The battle report is at:

When my main army finally arrived, I then attacked solo, doing only 0.5%. The battle report is at:
I could have left the alliance temporary to attack without the "Wrath of the Mother Dragon" (only 35% effectiveness as there are seven of us in the alliance). If I did so, I would have done a lot more damage. However, I chose not to do so as my little form of protest. I am not happy how the wrath makes us "raid" each week, instead of attacking in our own time. Such a design goes against the notion of being able to play in your own time.

The Mother Dragon now sits at 70.5%. Prior to our two attacks, it had roamed and attacked two other players who each did 0.1% to her.

Given the Mother Dragon roams out of her lair a lot more now, the parts of Molten Ashlands near her lair have become extremely hazardous. Above is a prime example of an army I had too close. :( 

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

2 comments:

  1. My Max population is currently 108K, I have some level animal circles I don't use. Shall I raze them and replace them for taverns? In total I have 10 barracks, 4 animal circles and 16 taverns? Does this sound good? Or shall I do some replacements? You don't have to exactly tell what your villages look like, just give me the amounts of these buildings you have. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, raze any animal circles you don't use and make them into taverns. I have 8 barracks, 3 animal circles, 1 siege workshop and 18 taverns.

    ReplyDelete