As best described by the creators of the game:
- This is a web based game: you play within your browser, there is nothing to download, nothing to install
- Free to play: you can play for free as long as you like
- This is a strategy game: you make far-reaching decisions affecting your whole kingdom, and fight with your allies against other groups of players
- This is Heroes of M&M: you will find the PC game's logic and theme in this massively multiplayer version
- You play this game by giving orders to heroes or towns: attack monsters, construct buildings, spy on neighbors, pillage a town...
- Each order needs some time to be carried out (a few minutes, hours, or days)
- You don't need to stay connected while your orders are being carried out
- After awhile, you may return and check the results of your actions.
- Your first actions will be to hire heroes and conquer the mines surrounding your starting town
- You will then upgrade your mines in order to improve your income
- Add new buildings to your city to gather more troops and access additional options
- Develop your heroes: make them learn skills, use artifacts
- Contact your neighbors to assess their attitude toward you: friend or foe
- Settle a second town to expand your kingdom
- Join or create an alliance
- Enter full scale wars to carve territories
- Trade resources, buy and sell on the market
- Discover the meaning of Ashan and control the world"
Further information can be found at:
Stuff to read to help you get started:
Game guide: http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/gameGuide
Guide: Badfish07's Guide (early game)