Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.2

Soon after my last update, Tweezer attacked my Green Fields village. I had settlers recruiting for my Dry Steppes expansion and he had hoped to kill them. However, they had left by the time he attacked. Tweezer, too slow! I guess he wanted to slow down my expansion. The war did not go for two long. After the 2nd day, I had trained up a big enough army and destroyed one of his two armies, and he has not attacked my village since. He has now resorted to taking my dragon obelisks and lookout towers, which is annoying. I might have to send a large army to his home village to teach him a lesson!

Now for some role-play:
That was an incursion by the Evil Warlord Tweezer into the peaceful Kingdom of Guzzer. Unprovoked, his armies have disturbed the peaceful fields of joy, scaring the children. There was outrage at Tweezer's heinous crime and it shall be a long time, before this is forgotten! Make love, not war, that is our catch cry. Please send over your daughters, not your soldiers.

:)

Here is my week in summary:
  • I have expanded to Dry Steppes, putting down my 3rd village. I am building hard and trying to get enough civilization points, settlers and bear riders to expand into Misty Marshes. I hope to be able to do that by next weeks update.
  • My treasure hunter (Guzzer, Magician) has moved to Dry Steppes and is busy farming ruins/treasure chests near my village, providing good resource boosts.
  • Most of my scouting armies are still going around Dry Steppes and Misty Marshes, focusing on research obelisks (and treasure chests).
  • I have researched and built my blacksmith, and have changed the damage type of my berserkers to fire/raised them to level 2. I am now able to farm black dragons in Dry Steppes which will provide a lot of scenario points.

Looking at the rankings, I am still well placed. My civilization surpasses all bar Draak, and he is a top player, having won last the last Midgard round. Looking through achievements, I am still leading in research. Now that I am able to farm black dragons, my scenario points will catch up. My aim is to be ranked in the top three, by next week's update, so as to give some credibility to my strategy.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

7 comments:

  1. how about that 2 dragon vial
    why you don't said where you got it :p

    about the settler, I just remember that it won't participate in any combat as long as you bring other units as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot about the dragon vials. They are pretty boring though. If I remember correctly, I think one was from the auction house and other from a lucky ruins.

    How do you know I have two? :) Hmm, must have been in the village when you spied it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe just a lucky guess :)
    maybe a banzai too, I don't think you have a runestone of control lv 10. If you don't have banzai and construction kit probably draak who got it :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh, forgot about the dragon vials. They are pretty boring though...."

    How can you say that? It is one of the few items that can be equipped by a hero-less army. Plus, it gives you an extra SP per dragon army killed. (Kill 2, get 1 free!)

    -Oldskool (Valhalla)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I didn't mean they weren't good. They are. I just meant it wasn't interesting news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I get the drift.

    I enjoy reading your weekly updates, btw!

    Keep up the good work! :D

    -Oldskool (Valhalla)

    ReplyDelete