Monday, December 27, 2010

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.4

The scoreboard is now looking rather healthy. You may note the surge of Ragnarök, the alliance I am in. It is well led by Ramdas, who uses a core set of members and cycles in the best players of the round. If you do well, you can be part of such a winning alliance in future rounds.

Want to level your hero really quickly? Settle in Misty Marshes and wait!

Not one, but two emerald dragon armies attacked at the same time. It was truly an epic battle with Moroose (Warrior) finally emerging victorious. At that stage, Moroose did not have max protective skill. He does now so my Misty Marshes village defense has been solidified. There were a single emerald dragon army attack the day after, and that was won with ease.

The war with Tweezer has intensified. There were four distinct actions this week:

  • With my armies out, he plundered my Green Fields village and stole a Dragon Amulet.
  • I then hunted down his army and destroyed it.
  • Few days later, I found his Dry Steppes village and plundered it (twice). The first day, it took my army hours to get there, as he kept reseting my movement counter by attacking with 1 unit suicide armies. I am not sure if that is classed as a great tactic or exploitive move. Whilst my superior army was being delayed, he moved his units to safety. I have not got any catapults yet so I did not try a demolish.
  • Again, with most of my armies out again (well, I underestimated the amount of units he had left), he launched a major offensive on my Dry Steppes village, consisting of one major attack and three minor attacks. It reported that he stole my Ornamental Dagger. That Thief is damn annoying! Afterwards, checking my inventory, I was missing my Training Dummy and Vial of Dragon Blood which he seems to have stolen also. Either his minor armies got extremely lucky (the Thief stole the Ornamental Dagger) or there are some bugs (especially when I did not get a report regarding those last two items). I have posted this event on the Aloriah forums, waiting for the developers to answer.

So, by this stage, I was suitably annoyed as you can imagine. I was readying my forces for a big counter-offensive but to my surprise, I received a peace request. Apparently, he is coming under pressure from other players too, and did not want to fight all at once. Seems like his offensive nature has gotten the better of him. I did agree to peace after I had him return all the three items he had just stolen from me.  I still have superior forces but this pvp is detracting from my pve expansion.

I will be converting my dragon farming army from berserkers to sleipnir horses which are more efficient. Despite the war with Tweezer, I have still managed to accumulate a decent amount of scenario points this week (as evidenced by the rankings up top), but sleipnir horses will improve on that.

In terms of treasure hunting, I was using berserkers for ruins, given it is my staple unit. However, the type of unit does not seem to matter so I have changed to wolves which are faster. I was also pondering, why do I have to wait until I get a Molten Ashlands village to send my treasure hunter there? Thus, Guzzer (Magician) has now ported to Molten Ashlands. Hopefully, he does not die often. I cannot wait to report on any good items Guzzer finds. Guzzer has been doing so many ruins that he has earnt:

There has been some success with the auction house, having bought the following item for 10k gold.

As this week ends, I am now starting to focus hard on getting ready for my Molten Ashlands expansion. I wonder if I can make it by next update.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

1 comment:

  1. if battle doesn't reset movement timer, I still can do it. I just need 2 armies, when 1st army battle, you just need to send 2nd army right after the battle ends. just need 1 unit every 10 minutes and 2 army slot

    ReplyDelete