Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.5

It has been a good week, and things are still going well, which is reflected by the rankings. There were several successes this week.

My scenario point farming machine is doing so well that I have hit the 2,000 scenario point reward already. To 5,000 I go! I am now using sleipnir horses which take no losses, so dragon farming is extremely efficient.

I have become veteran, and now must become elite. It gets harder though, as the remaining achievements are more demanding/tricky.

As you may have read in my last update, my treasure hunter Guzzer (magician) has been farming ancient ruins in Molten Ashlands. Above is the best haul for the week.

Then, disaster struck. He ran into some mobs when I was not watching and lost the bulk of his wolves, whittling his army down to 221 wolves. I then thought, are 221 wolves enough for an ancient ruins? Well, it was not. :) All the wolves died, the army disbanded and Guzzer had to be rehired. :(

However, I saw this as an opportunity. Guzzer was only level 14 as I spent most of his time farming ruins, not leveling. I gave him 4 sleipnir horses and he spent the rest of the week running around Dry Steppes, easily killing any mobs he ran across, including black dragons. He is up to level 29 already!


Voila! I achieved my goal of getting to Molten Ashlands within this update. It turned out to be quite easy as I was further along then I thought, and did it with a few days to spare. Being the first there was a great feeling!

For those settling in Molten Ashlands soon, here is a tip. If you have a pouch of diamond, remember to transfer it there, as the mines will magnify your income.

Things are pretty boring in my Misty Marshes. I would like more emerald dragons to attack for scenario points/items as my defense there is pretty well established. However, I have seen many an emerald dragon army prepare to attack then just vanish into thin air before the attack is completed.

This was not me but it was a big moment so I would like to make mention and offer my congratulations. The first epic sold went to Bosotter, who paid 35,619 gold for it!

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment