Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.8

Rankings look healthy, enough said. :)

My plan this week was to reach the 5k scenario point reward, and I made it quite early in the week, blowing past it. I already had a "Replica of Frey's Ship" which I bought off the auction house last week though, so would have preferred a "Replica of Thor's Hammer". Anyhow, better then nothing.
My next plan is to reach the 10k scenario reward. I estimate that will take 3-4 weeks. It is definitely achievable with the long game rounds now, due to the Mother Dragon changes.

If you wondered if there were any risk to fishing, well here it is. My fishing hero died and had to be rehired. :(

We went to war again. As per custom, here are the the words of Ramdas, our leader:
"Foolish Mortals do you think with your holy powers you can defy and hold back Ragnarök! No one can hold back the force that will destroy the world! You ban together and with your holy alliance you believe you can overcome destiny. 

Order of the Temple we declare war on you. The alliance controlling the North has now challenged the Alliance controlling the South.

North and South collide! Ragnarök Vs. Order of the Temple!  

We declare that anyone who dares approach the Mother Dragon and so we declare war on Order of the Temple since you are the next closes to fighting the Mother Dragon!"

With that, we attacked Robertus' Molten Ashlands village. Here is an action picture that Ramdas took:
We killed Robertus' army and were in the middle of destroying the village, when Robertus promptly quit. It is a shame when people quit, but it is a war game and there has to be winners and losers.

Have you been looking around Molten Ashlands and seen those Iron Dragons? Well, this is how combat against them goes, and what they drop.
That achievement is only the 4 piece one. I still lack the chest dropped by Emerald Dragons in Misty Marshes. I have had the worse luck in that respect. WTB a drop!

 Thus, big congratulations to Draak!
The text does need to be fixed though. The mother dragon set only gives 10% per piece now.

So, given I still need a chest from the Emerald Dragons in Misty Marshes, and attacks on my village are far and between, I have now sent out my defending army to hunt them. Wish me luck please. Here is a tip. It is quicker to sail your bear riders around, then to march them on land. The other day, I spent 8+ hours chasing an Emerald Dragon army (on land) only to have it despawn on me when I got close!

So, with the new and improved Mother Dragon, Draak and I decided to do a little test. Here is the action picture:
At this stage of the game, I will not release the battle report as it is rather pertinent information. I can say this though, "LOL". It will be some time before the Mother Dragon is killed.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

2 comments:

  1. These are a great intro to Aloriah. I'm getting into some new browser-based games. Really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post, as always! keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete