Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.9

Farm, farm, farm, that is my current life in Aloriah. I am farming scenario points at an even higher rate yet again. At this rate, it will be only two weeks to the 10k scenario point achievement.

It seemed boring to me this week. I guess that happens if you do a lot of one thing over and over, that is, farm black dragons. Killing the Mother Dragon requires a lot more troops then before, so I am currently waiting for the rest of the Ragnarök alliance to train the required troops. To pass the time, I will also be looking at filling out the rest of achievement points. I currently have 1825 achievement points so the 2k achievement point elite player mark is now within striking range.

Here is some detail about how I am farming scenario points so quickly:
  • There are 4 sleipnir horse armies out there.
  • I control a lot of lookout towers (currently 61) so I have a lot of visibility to black dragon spawns.
  • The armies do not just keep running between far spawns. If needs be, they port back to my base village, pick up a new scroll of portal stone and port out to spawns. Hero-less armies are recalled back.
  • I close the portal first for 3 points (2 for hero-less armies) and then kill the black dragons around it, hoping for a seal, then seal the portal for 12 points. 

Do you remember last week my hero died whilst fishing? Well, it happened again this week. :(

However, this happened to brighten up my day! So yeah, fishing is worth it!

Finally got a dragon armor off the emerald dragons to complete my mother dragon set achievement. I had to go out of the village and hunt them. I am still hunting in Misty Marshes though, as I now want to get the hippo kill achievement. However, I have converted from bear riders to sleipnir horses which move a lot faster. It was so zzzzzzzzzz with bear riders.

To end this update, here is a tip on troop training efficiency:
  • Designate one of your villages to be your primary troop producer.
  • Build mostly/all troop training buildings only, no taverns/etc.
  • Put in all your training reduction/speed items.
  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

2 comments:

  1. Another good tip from the expert. Though, I don't use one village but 2 villages to train my units. I put most of my unit-training-items such as whip of blood and tears and training dummy in my DS and MM village since they are used the most (Sleipnir horses cost like nothing :D). I use my DS village to train berserkers, horses and boars. And my MM village to train bear riders and catapults. I currently have only 2 hero sanctuaries in the villages that are used the most, MM and DS. I use my TI/GF villages for income (Maxed out mines and fountain) and to buy items from. My MA village is filled with taverns and only one barracks (An item shop here is very useful too, 'cause no-one seems to build them in MA), since I send my zerks/boars/horses to the stone portal nearby my MA village. Is this an interesting strategy? /discuss (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, depends if you have more then 1 full set of training items. I only have 1 full set (eg 1 Whip of Blood and Tears), so a secondary training village won't be as cheap. Even though I get a lot of resources, I'm still constrained by resources so want to be as efficient with their use as possible.

    I do have backup barracks/etc in other villages, which I don't normally use. Their purpose is if my training village gets sieged, I can mass train relief troops.

    Only really need 1 hero sanctuary, haven't seen the need for more then 1. If I have to rehire, I do it in my GF village and port the hero to where it's required.

    I built an item shop in all 4 villages to ensure I always have access to all the consumables, not to mention items like greater keg, etc. I think that's very important.

    You don't have to send troops via the stone portal. I just town scroll them directly to the villages. Saves them running into mobs when moving to the village.

    When the round ends/I get some time, I might do a layout of all my 5 villages and explain the logic behind my building choices.

    ReplyDelete