Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.10

I farmed 1922 scenario points this week, and now am so close to the 10k scenario point achievement. I should be getting that in 2-3 days. I am waiting with bated breath to see what the rewards are. I hope you are too!

There were no other significant events this week. Most/all of the effort was spent on farming achievement points, even more then last week. Hopefully, some interesting events will happen next week. :)

That said, I am pretty sure I am setting achievement point farming records. It may seem like mundane but farming at this rate takes a lot of time and effort. You have to be constantly watching and maneuvering your armies around. I am not sure I will be able to play at this level all the time. There is a definite advantage if you have a lot of time to devote to the game You pretty much have no chance of such achievement point mass farming if you are casual.

I do understand there is reward for effort, but I think games should be more about making intelligent decisions then pure grind. One thing that could improve things is if armies had AI (artificial intelligence) but that would be a pretty big change.

Apologies for the short update this week. I should have more to report next week.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

3 comments:

  1. Dude, how many hours do you play each day on Aloriah?

    Firestriker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much always on when awake. It's in the background all the time. Gotta do that to farm scenario points at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's tough, i cant manage to much time on aloriah because I still go to school(although I don't want to ;-)

    ReplyDelete