Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.3

Up and up, I go on the scoreboard! As stated in my last update, my aim this week was to be ranked in the top 3, and I am very happy to have achieved that. I have earnt 463 scenario points this week, most of it through black dragon farming. As you can see, my scenario point farming has accelerated a lot now, so my strategy of building civilization first as a springboard, is validated.

Here is my week in summary:
  • I got the requirements to settle my 4th village into Misty Marshes. As I am writing this update, my hero Moroose (warrior) with 1324 bear riders is only 6 hours from settling. Nothing can stop that now as it is in expedition mode. It is rather fast as I ported in close, used a potion of travelling to move in even closer. I then went to expedition mode for the last bit as it involves crossing over water which is slower, making it a slight chance to be caught by mobs. Expedition mode only added 2 more hours so it is better to be safe then sorry.
  • Moroose only has 8 points in protective, instead of the full 12 so it will be interesting times when the first emerald dragon attacks come in. I hope I have enough bear riders. I have switched my bear rider damage type to fire and specialized in tough. By the time protection ends, I will have 1500+ bear riders ready. I have not bothered to get a blue dragon head as my aim is to just kill the emerald dragons that attack.
  • I have had an element of luck. At 34 civilization points, I was considering how to get my last point. My options were to wait a few days for research or train a council hall to 9. However, my treasure hunter (Guzzer, magician) got a banzai tree for the last point! For Tweeze's benefit (small inside joke), I would like to declare I have gotten 4 banzai trees and 3 vial of dragon bloods so far from treasure hunting! I am not sure if I have just been extremely lucky, or the fact I have Guzzer treasure hunting constantly.
  • On the pvp front, it has been pretty uneventful. The only action was when my dragon hunting army ran into two of Tweezer's scouting armies and they promptly died. He needs to leave my lookout towers alone. :)
  • I have a scouting army in Molten Ashlands that has incredibly not died yet. It has hit a lot of research obelisks, boosting my research greatly. If you look at my achievements in game, you will find I am on 52 days researched which is leading by far.
  • As mentioned earlier, I have farmed a lot of black dragons. In terms of black dragon farming, it is important to minimize your losses so as not to draw too many resources to replace your attrition. I have been able to farm black dragons pretty much non-stop and still maintain my civilization build. Here are 2 useful pointers:
    • Potions of battles are your friend,
    • Get the bandit tactics skill, and try and fight mostly in forest/mountain cells.

I might write a new player etiquette guide in future, which will comprise of ways to co-exist (if you wish) with other players, particularly the top ones. For now, I would like to make mention, please do not take my light houses/lookout towers randomly. If you do, I will consider it an offensive action and you might find a big army on your doorstep. That said, I do not need every light house/lookout tower I take, so if you just ask me/negotiate, I am at times happy to hand some over.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

3 comments:

  1. you can't attack me, at least not when I'm online :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. try to use catapult, it's need 3 hit to destroyed and kill a dragon every turn, if you have enough unit slot that will be usefull to kill small dragon army without losing but if you facing a big or more than one army you will get a big loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's risky using catapults. I'm going for Sleipnir horses instead for black dragon farming in the end game.

    ReplyDelete