Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2.13

Farm, farm, farm! 15k scenario points came and went by. 20k, here we come!

Ragnarök's weekly attack on the Mother Dragon occurred as normal. This was attack #3 and we did 5.9% damage. If you are interested, you can read the battle report at:

The Mother Dragon is now on 88.4%. At this rate, we should unlock the 75% effects within 2-3 weeks.

The other main activity I have been doing is attacking anyone (not allied) that poses a current or future threat to us. Dry Steppes is bit of a scorched earth. As a result, some people have quit the round as they see no chance of beating us, and it is unfortunate, but that is the nature of a war game. I do agree it can be quite harsh on players behind us, but end of the day, we are here to win. I will not jeopardize that by letting competitive players build up. So, if you do get attacked by me, think of it as a compliment. :)

Villages are quite hard to defend. I remember early on, Tweezer stole 3 items from my Dry Steppes village whilst my main armies were out and about, and I was asleep. I had overall superior forces but I had to peace him as I did not want to slow my build. Aloriah is pretty much a build game. You need to out build and smash your opposition before they get a foothold. This is especially important given that each week, we lose a lot of troops on our Mother Dragon attack.

Furthermore, there is a ongoing discussion on Aloriah pvp on the forums if you are interested:

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment