Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lord of Ultima: Food Resource City Layout

With the Ascension patch, food is even more in demand due to purification so everyone is looking for food resource city layouts. Thus, here is my Food Resource City Layout which you can see in the LoU Flash City Planner.

Food Produced: 123,850 per hour
Storage: 4,375,000 food (full in every 1.47 days)/1,575,000 wood/stone/iron
Shipping Capacity: 1,200 carts

You may notice there are no lakes. This is an overlay layout for you to work with, depending on your lake placements. Any lakes you have will increase your production. I wanted to show you the base minimum production you will have at the very least. The design is for on water. I normally place all my food cities on water to free up much needed off water spots for castled military cities.

There is enough storage to ensure you do not max out everyday, in case you are busy. I have left 1200 carts in there so you are able to supply your military cities if needed, but the Moonglow Tower allows you to purify from within the city.

For towers, I recommend:
  • Lookout tower x2 to give 21 hours of attack advanced warning. I find 1 tower/11 hours is not enough.
  • The remaining 22 towers depend on whatever defensive troops you have. For me personally, I use Ballista towers as my alliance has full continent control, so no one is there to plunder me from within the continent. Thus, Ballista towers are there in case someone decides to plunder from offshore, which is very rare anyhow.
  • Lord of Ultima is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Lord of Ultima Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.lordofultima.com/en/ref/2300431315.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Lord of Ultima is EA’s first game in the free Strategy MMO genre and is completely playable in a web browser. Developed by EA’s Phenomic studio, the game’s creator Volker Wertich (the genius behind strategy classics such as the Settlers) takes this genre to the next level. Lord of Ultima features deep strategic gameplay and multiple social features including an advanced trading system, alliance features, online chat, and forums. At launch it will be available in English and German language.

    Set in the legendary Ultima universe, the game takes you to the new world of Caledonia, formed from the remains of Sosaria which was shattered into countless islands. You start your journey with a humble village which you grow over time into a mighty and prosperous capital. On your path to glory you will have to expand your power by creating additional cities, exploring new continents and forging a vast empire. You must master the art of diplomacy and trade as well as the military activities of spying, plundering, attacking and sieging enemy cities to finally become the mighty and feared Lord of Ultima."

1 comment:

  1. One of our players has decided to use your guide and I would like to say that this layout is wrong in two ways.
    1) You don't need 1200 carts ( I have 400 and I still manage to feed over ten military cities)
    2) You don't need so much storage (I have two warehouses next to Mills and I still don't lose a lot of food)
    I hope this helps people who are wondering how to get more production in your food city. To me, 123k is too little, you need to aim for around 130k-140k and this can be reached if you use minimal amounts of carts and warehouses.

    ReplyDelete