Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #2

Things continue to go well, and I am now at 2nd spot.

My Black Dragon farmer Coram (Level 33 Warrior) continues to farm Black Dragons like crazy in Dry Steppes, propelling me upwards. I feel like my civilization size is lacking, but I think that is mostly due to me starting later. I have not stopped building in any of my villages and ensured the sacrificial blessings are always active. Nevertheless, I will focus even harder on civilization build so that I will still be competitive in the end game.

Moving my Treasure Hunter Guzzer (Level 24 Magician) from Tropical Islands to Dry Steppes has been fruitful. Here is the best item he has found so far:

I have seen a bit of pvp now as more people are settling into Dry Steppes and intruding into my neighborhood. Therefore, I have been rather busy defending my turf. I generally like to leave my fellow Alorians alone so if people could give me a wide berth, that would be great.

The Guzzer empire now has expanded to the Misty Marshes! The brave Moroose (Level 33 Warrior) and settlers navigated themselves around all the big bad monsters to get to the new village. Here is an action shot of the landing and settlement:

Moroose was rewarded for his bravery by getting the following item from a treasure chest along the way:

The following preparations have been made for village defense in the Misty Marshes:
  • Blue Dragon Head to minimize attacks.
  • Moat.
  • Poison tower x2.
  • Level 2 Bear Riders (unit with poison resistance).
  • 'Tough' specialization (+25 life, +10 poison resistance) for the Bear Riders.
  • Bear Ride damage type changed to fire as Emerald Dragons are poison resistant.
  • Hero (Moroose) with poison resistance skill.
  • Poison resistance item for Moroose.
  • Still need to put some points in the Protective skill when Moroose levels up.

Emerald Dragons, bring it on! Well, I will probably get smashed but you got to try.

Pushing hard is key, so I have already dispatched scouts towards Molten Ashlands to claim portal stones which will come handy when it is time to expand into Molten Ashlands.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

4 comments:

  1. do you know can get 15 scenario point for sealing dragon gates?
    first you split 1 unit from your army just for carry gate anti seal so you have a army with seal and a army without
    then just step into it without seal and you get 3 point for closing the gate and then seal for 12 point it with your another army

    actually I don't know that works or not but I think that possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried but I would imagine it wouldn't work. I guess I could test it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tested it out btw, and it worked. Like you said, you can seal closed gates.

    ReplyDelete