Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aloriah: Midgard Progress Update #3

Well, I hit #1, whee! :) I have been pushing my civilization size, so that is not lagging behind so much, but I still need to push on. There are people in Molten Ashlands already.
I do not think I will stay at #1 for that long as I think the Ragnarök alliance is going to move on me soon. Hence, I need to focus on defense a bit. Make love not war people please.

This is my first defense of my Misty Marshes village. As you can see, it was a hard fought battle which I nearly lost. I have included details to show you how much harder the zone is.
The main reasons for it being so hard was that I did not have enough Bear Riders, so had to rely on Bersekers a bit and Moroose (Warrior) did not have the 'Protective' skill. The latter was pretty much a mistake. I have now remedied both issues (have 1500+ Bear Riders at the least) and reset my skills to pick up the 'Protective' skill. Defense now is pretty much solid, with me taking minimal losses. At times, I wish that Emerald Dragons would spawn/attack more, so I get more scenario points.

Dry Steppes is still the best zone to farm scenario points. The reasons for being in Misty Marshes is more for income increase and chance of better items. Here is something the Emerald Dragons dropped, to whet your appetite:

Congruent with my strategy of having my Treasure Hunter in the hardest zone I can survive in, I have moved Guzzer (Magician) to Misty Islands. However, it is important for non-combat specialized heroes to avoid mobs in Misty Islands as even if you have a lot of troops and win battles, you take big losses. I learnt this the hard way by promptly losing 600 Bear Riders. You need to do a lot of micromanagement. I presume this will apply in Molten Ashlands too.

In Dry Steppes, I have recruited my 4th hero Dipps (Warrior) who joins Coram (Warrior), my other Dragon Hunter. My rate of scenario point farming has gone up a bit now. When it is time to expand to Molten Ashlands, I will reset Dipp's skills to pick up appropriate skills like Fire Resistance and send him.

I am preparing for my Molten Ashslands expansion by:

  • Building up a large army of Trolls. I think Trolls are the best units for Molten Ashlands given they do water damage which Ruby Dragons are not resistant to.
  • Given Trolls need gold to recruit, I have been focusing on taking gold mines.
  • Sending small armies to scout and secure portal stones.

  • Aloriah is an online web browser based strategy game. More information can be found at my Aloriah Coverage page.
  • If you wish to jump straight in, you can sign up at http://www.aloriah.com/?ref=guzzer.
  • As best described by the creators of the game:
    "Aloriah is a free online web browser game based on mythologies of our time.
    Rule a civilization and experience epic events together with thousands of other players.
    • Play for free directly online through your internet browser
    • Expand villages, rally your armies and level your heroes
    • Explore the lands of Aloriah to find its mysteries
    • Journey on legendary quests together with your friends
    • Choose to worship the gods of good or evil"

2 comments:

  1. Nice getting to #1! Keep pushing to Molten Ashlands now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I'd settle for not losing my towns/armies for now though.

    ReplyDelete